During the weekend of 8/9 October two of our student took home medals from the Swedish national chess championships in Lindesberg. Hampus Sörensen (7B) came third in his category, whilst Felix Ytterberg (6C) was runner-up. A great achievement when you consider they were competing against the best chess players from the whole of Sweden. Well done!
Here are some facts about our chess masters:
How long have you been playing chess?
- Felix - 6 years
- Hampus - 3 years
How often do you play chess?
- Felix - every day
- Hampus - every day
What is the attraction with playing chess?
- Felix - It’s strategic and I find it interesting.
- Hampus - It’s strategic and I like to out-think my opponent
Do you have any tips for beginners?
- Felix - Join a chess club
- Hampus - Play as much as possible
Are you better at chess than your parents?
- Felix - Yes (after a slight pause for thought)
- Hampus - Yes absolutely (no pause)